This Website is operated on behalf of the Henkel Corporation by Henkel Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under No 00215496 and whose registered office is at Wood Lane End, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 4RQ, United Kingdom (“Henkel UK”).
Henkel UK can be contacted on 0044 (0) 1442 278000 (Switchboard), or by fax on 0044 (0) 1442 278071. Our VAT number is GB 4109 724 68.
Intended Geographic Scope
This Website and its contents are controlled and operated from the United Kingdom and are only intended to be accessed by UK residents. If you choose to access this Website from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and we make no representation that the content and operation of this Website will comply with local laws or that any content can be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside of the United Kingdom.
PLEASE NOTE IN PARTICULAR THAT THIS WEBSITE AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED OR APPROVED FOR USE INSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND/OR BY US CITIZENS OR RESIDENTS. IF THIS APPLIES TO YOU, WE WOULD KINDLY ASK YOU TO USE THE WEBSITE AT http://www.henkelna.com AND TO CONTACT THE US AFFILIATED COMPANIES OF THE HENKEL GROUP.
All of the content shown or displayed on this Website and its structure, including, but not limited to, the text, logos, graphics, illustrations, photographic images (except Henkel UK press images, as to which see below), moving images, illustrations, designs, software and written or other material (the “Content”) including the program and code that operates this Website is protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights owned by or licensed to Henkel UK, unless specified otherwise.
You must obtain the prior written consent of Henkel UK before you download, print, copy, adapt, store, process (by electronic means or otherwise), distribute, exploit, disseminate, transmit or show in public any of the Content or any part of this Website or before you carry out any other act restricted by copyright, unless you do so exclusively for your personal use and not for any commercial gain (and you may only print one copy of the Content for your own use, including any documents downloaded via this Website). In all cases Henkel UK must be acknowledged as the source of the Content.
Henkel press images may be used for editorial purposes only. Henkel press images that are reproduced and/or electronically modified for editorial purposes must bear the copyright notice “© [Year] Henkel Limited. All rights reserved”. Reprinting is free of charge but we do request a copy for our files.
The name Henkel, the Henkel Oval logo and all product names and/or product get-ups seen on this Website are trade marks (registered or unregistered) of Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, its subsidiaries, affiliates or licensors. Any unauthorised use of these trade marks or other logos on this Website is expressly prohibited and may constitute a violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of Henkel AG & Co. KGaA and/or Henkel UK. You are not permitted to download, copy, modify or use the trademarks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party who may own the trade marks.
Intellectual Property Rights
Henkel UK is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in this Website and the material published on it and all rights in such materials (including copyright) are reserved. The design and layout of this Website are protected by copyright, database right, design rights and other similar laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part.
We and our suppliers own the intellectual property rights in the software that runs this Website Save to the extent expressly permitted by applicable laws, you must not copy, modify, download, distribute, decipher, de-compile, interfere with or attempt to interfere with that software without our prior written consent.
Linking to this Website
You may only link to this Website with our prior written consent, in a way which does not damage our reputation and in compliance with any directions we may give in relation to linking to this Website. In particular, you may only link from a website which is owned by you and may only link to the homepage of this Website.
We may direct you at any time to remove from your website and links to this Website, our trademarks or logos and may take any action we deem appropriate against you. You shall indemnify us and our group companies for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of linking to this Website (this means you will be responsible for such loss or damage).
Misuse of this Website
You must not knowingly introduce any computer virus, other malicious code or harmful components to this Website and must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this Website. You must not attack this Website via a denial-of-service attack or distributed denial-of-service attack. Breach of this section would result in a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to law enforcement authorities and co-operate with those authorities by providing your identity to them. In such circumstances, your right to use this Website shall cease immediately and you shall indemnify us for any such breach, which means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer.
If you are accessing this Website on behalf of a corporate or unincorporated entity, you represent that you are authorised to accept these General Terms on behalf of such entity.
If you are accessing this Website in the course of a business, the express provisions of these General Terms are in place of all warranties, conditions, terms and other obligations implied by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise, all of which are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Disclaimer for Third Party Websites
The pages of this Website contain links (ie, “hyperlinks”) to other websites that are operated by third parties and whose contents are not known to Henkel UK. Henkel UK merely facilitates access to such websites and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for their contents. Our links to third party websites are merely intended to make navigating easier for you. Statements shown on these linked pages do not belong to us and we explicitly dissociate ourselves from any and all contents of any and all third party pages linked on the pages of this Website.
Henkel UK does not assume any liability for any infringement of any copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or personality rights or breaches of statutory provisions that occurs on a website accessed by a hyperlink. Furthermore, Henkel UK is not liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of the third party websites.
This disclaimer is valid for all links displayed on this Website and for any contents of websites to which the user is directed via such links.
Although Henkel UK has made reasonable efforts to prevent problems of this kind, it is not technically possible to guarantee that this Website will be bug-free and error-free, nor is it possible for us to guarantee that this Website will not be down on occasions due to essential maintenance or technical difficulties. Henkel UK therefore does not warrant that this Website will be error-free or that it will be available on a timely basis or be uninterrupted and will not be liable if this Website is unavailable for any reason. Access is permitted on a temporary basis and we may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of this Website without notice.
Henkel UK makes every effort to keep this Website free from viruses. However, we strongly recommend that adequate protection be taken against viruses (eg, using virus scanners) before downloading documents and data. To the extent permitted by law, Henkel UK does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this Website.
Henkel UK shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature (direct, indirect, consequential or other) which may arise as a result, directly or indirectly, from the use of any of the information, services, links or material contained on this Website or from an inability to use this Website, howsoever caused. In particular, Henkel UK shall not be liable for any financial loss, loss of profit, revenue or business, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation. These exclusions of liability apply only to the extent permitted by law and shall not apply to liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Forecasts and declarations of intent
(“forward looking statements”)
Forward-looking statements on this Website are made to the best of our knowledge and belief. However, the results actually achieved by Henkel UK may differ from the results predicted in these forward looking statements, because such results depend on a whole range of factors of a competitive and macroeconomic nature that are in some cases beyond the control of Henkel UK. Without prejudice to any legal obligations to amend forward looking statements, Henkel has no intention of constantly updating all forward looking statements contained in this Website.
These General Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and the English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of these General Terms or the use of this Website.
Should any provision of these General Terms be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. No waiver of any of these General Terms shall be valid unless provided in writing by us.
A person who is not a party to these General Terms may not enforce any of them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
PHOTOS YOU TAKE AND SHARE USING THE SELLOTAPE GENERATOR
The ‘Sellotape Generator’ feature located at sellotape.co.uk/generator/ allows you take, download and share photos on Facebook (“Your Photos”). The following rules apply when using this feature:
Prohibited content. You must ensure that Your Photos:
- Are not unlawful, obscene, defamatory or threatening and do not depict violent or dangerous behaviour;
- Do not demean a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, race, ethnicity or nationality;
- Do not infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of others. Your Photos must not include images, drawings or text that you do not have permission to post. If you are in doubt please do not take or share the photo;
- Do not contain any third party trade marks or logos;
- Do not include images of children (i.e. persons under the age of 18) and that you have obtained permission from anyone that appears in Your Photos;
- Do not compromise your privacy or safety or that of other users;
- Do not contain the image or likeness of a celebrity or their name;
- Do not contain any harassing, abusive, pornographic, hateful, or embarrassing images or other content (including any content containing nudity, sexually explicit material or swearing) as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- Do not contain any advertisements for, or solicitations of, business or that relate to any commercial activities;
- If shared on Facebook, do not breach Facebook’s terms and conditions.
We reserve the right (but we are not obliged) to do any or all of the following:-
- Investigate a claim that Your Photos or any communication does not conform with the rules set out in this section and determine in our sole discretion what action to take in respect of such material;
- Delete without notice Your Photos if they are abusive, illegal, disruptive, subject to a valid complaint by another user or that otherwise fails to conform with these General Terms;
- Monitor Your Photos and/or withhold from publication/sharing or remove any of Your Photos, whether or not such material breaches these General Terms; and
- Restrict your access to the Website (e.g. by blocking your IP address) if you breach these General Terms.
USE OF YOUR PHOTOS
We will store and host Your Photos online so that they will be available on Facebook to those with whom you decide to share them and you grant to us and our service providers and contractors an unlimited, worldwide, non-exclusive, terminable and free permission to do so.
Any of Your Photos that you download or share will include materials owned by us (e.g. graphical overlays) and you may only make personal, non-commercial use of Your Photos. Please see further the Intellectual Property Rights section above.
Once posted, you may delete or withdraw from publication Your Photos from Facebook by using the functionality provided by the Facebook platform. We will delete Your Photos within three months.
You are grant to us and any third parties we authorise unlimited, exclusive, non-terminable and free permission (including the right to sub-license that permission) to use, re-use, copy, adapt, abridge, amend, distribute, modify, combine with other content, create derivative works, translate, publish, perform, display, develop, reproduce and communicate to the public and otherwise make available Your Photos in any form and/or by any media (whether now known or hereafter devised), including through any on-demand or broadcast service or transmission or recording, whether on a commercial or non-commercial basis anywhere in the world. By way of example only, this will include permission to:
- make Your Photos available through this Website and social media websites to users of those services;
- use Your Photos for publicity purposes including using Your Photos in our marketing campaigns and adverts, whether online (such as via any of the websites we operate, other online services and platforms, emails including newsletters or posts via third party social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest) or offline (such as in printed material or via TV or other broadcasts). Whilst we are not obliged to do so, we reserve the right to contact you (e.g. via your email address or Instagram account) before making any use of Your Photo in adverts or marketing campaigns;
- allow any third parties authorised by us to reproduce, display, publish, communicate, perform and/or embed Your Photos on their platforms, including their websites and applications; and
- modify Your Photos before or after using them in our marketing campaigns and adverts and to allow authorised third parties to do the same. By way of example only, we may resize, crop, reformat, convert or re-encode Your Photos or combine all or part of Your Photos with our content or that of our licensors.